Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Beginnings

   Traveling only made me realize that there is so much to see, and I didn't want to stop. 



Somewhere in southern Iowa, driving home from a trip to Montana with my grandparents, after drinking my share of coffee, Grandpa listening to Rush in the passenger seat, Grandma taking a nap in the back seat - that's when the idea was born, as a truck pulling a fifth wheel flew past us in the opposite direction. 

Thought: "I wonder if you could live in one of those."

So I asked Grandpa: "well, you could" he said, "but not too easily."

The wheels started turning "Why couldn't you? Really? If it were self-contained. Certainly cheaper than buying an immobile home. It's all I would REALLY need. An investment perhaps?...etc..."

After tossing around the idea in my head for the next 5 hours on the way home and after showing pictures and telling stories to my parents upon our arrival,  I presented the idea to them. 

The more I talked about how awesome it would be, the more excited I became. 

It just made since. And so the dream began and the journals were started...






No comments:

Post a Comment